Current neuroimaging software offer users an incredible opportunity to analyze data using a variety of different algorithms. However, this has resulted in a heterogeneous collection of specialized applications without transparent interoperability or a uniform operating interface.
Nipype, an open-source, community-developed initiative under the umbrella of NiPy, is a Python project that provides a uniform interface to existing neuroimaging software and facilitates interaction between these packages within a single workflow. Nipype provides an environment that encourages interactive exploration of algorithms from different packages (e.g., SPM, FSL, FreeSurfer, AFNI, Slicer), eases the design of workflows within and between packages, and reduces the learning curve necessary to use different packages. Nipype is creating a collaborative platform for neuroimaging software development in a high-level language and addressing limitations of existing pipeline systems.
Nipype allows you to:
- easily interact with tools from different software packages
- combine processing steps from different software packages
- develop new workflows faster by reusing common steps from old ones
- process data faster by running it in parallel on many cores/machines
- make your research easily reproducible
- share your processing workflows with the community
Please see the doc/README.txt document for information on our documentation.
Information specific to NIPYPE is located here:
For core NIPYPE related issues, please see the developer's list here:
For user NIPYPE related issues, please see the user's list here:
For NIPYPE related issues, please add NIPYPE to the subject line
Currently NIPYPE consists of the following files and directories:
- NIPYPE prerequisites, installation, development, testing, and troubleshooting.
- This document.
- NIPYPE developers and contributors. Please keep it up to date!!
- NIPYPE license terms.
- Sphinx/reST documentation
- Contains the source code.
- Script for building and installing NIPYPE.
See the file "LICENSE" for information on the history of this software, terms & conditions for usage, and a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES.
This NIPYPE distribution contains no GNU General Public Licensed (GPLed) code so it may be used in proprietary projects. There are interfaces to some GNU code but these are entirely optional.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective holders.
Copyright (c) 2009-2012, NIPY Developers All rights reserved.