This is a start page designed specifically to look nice with Microsoft Edge. It has two flavours:
- Dark (Meant for use with App Mode set to Dark)
- Light (Meant for use with App Mode set to Light)
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/katalysatorn/MSEdge-StartPage.
- Unzip it, and copy either (or both) dark/light folders to a location you can access easily, but won't accidentally delete.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Open the start page in Microsoft Edge (Right click, open with).
- Copy the URL in the address bar.
- Select Settings.
- Where it says Choose a theme pick the one that matches your startpage flavour.
- Where it says Open Microsoft Edge with select A specific page or pages and paste the URL where it says Enter a URL.
- Hit save.
New Tab Behaviour
Since here, I have made it so that the links open it in a new tab. I did this because you cannot set a new tab page to a file, so I wanted it to act as a 'Home' of sorts. You can remove this by:
- Opening the
index.htmlfile in whatever folder your Start Page is in
Ctrl + H
- In Find What: type
- Hit Replace All
- Save the file and it should now open in the current tab.
Note: These instructions are for Sublime Text 3 and may depend on what text editor you use