an open source, self-hosted video sharing service
- AGPLv3 License
- No intrusive adverts
- No restrictions on content by country, IP or government
- Video downloading as standard
- HTML5 WebM as standard
- Live streaming (pluginless)
- Brightness/Contrast controls
- Easter eggs?
- No staff blocking, auto-blocking only on public demand
- REST APIs
- Public tagging
- Public flagging
- Individual show subscription
- CSS profiles
- Download audio
- Scrape from other public APIs
Recommended way to install
Try using Docker for a fast install:
docker run --link mysql:mysql --link redis:redis --link rabbitmq:rabbitmq -p 80:80 -p 1337:1337 -d --rm -v $PWD:/var/www dandart/projectchaplin
This will install the dependencies and let you use your local pull as a volume. To upgrade at any time just git pull.
We are currently looking for developers and designers to help this open source project. If you're interested please contact me at email@example.com.
For help, you can create an issue on the Github project: https://github.com/dandart/projectchaplin/issues