What is this repository for?
- KodiConnector is an implementation of the generic ConnectorProtocol interface specification to control a kodi based music player.
- This framework is used the Rigelian music remote client, for more info see https://www.rigelian.net
What are the building blocks of this Library?
- The implementation relies heavily on reactive constructs, using RxSwift.
- ConnectorProtocol consist of five sub-protocols, all of which are implemented in this framework: * PlayerProtocol defines a basic player, access status, control and browse implementation, plus functions to maintain player-specific settings. * PlayerBrowserProtocol is a generic protocol to detect players on the network. * StatusProtocol is a protocol through which the connection status of a player, as well as the music-playing status can be monitored. * ControlProtocol is a protocol through which commands can be sent to a player, like play, pause, add a song etc. * BrowseProtocol is a protocol through which you can browse through the music on a player. It defines various ViewModels for artists, albums, genres etc.
- The protocol is meant to be independent of the target platform (iOS, MacOS, tvOS).
KodiConnector depends on
- ConnectorProtocol, the generic music player protocol it implements
- RxSwift as the reactive framework
- Alamofire for making json-rpc requests to the player
- Starscream to receive status updates from the player via websockets
Build and usage via swift package manager is supported:
The easiest way to add the library is directly from within XCode (11). Alternatively you can create a
// swift-tools-version:5.0 import PackageDescription let package = Package( name: "MyProject", dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/katoemba/kodiconnector.git", from: "1.7.0") ], targets: [ .target(name: "MyProject", dependencies: ["kodiconnector"]) ] )
- There are currently not tests :-(.
Who do I talk to?
- In case of questions you can contact berrie at rigelian dot net