Indoor Farming/Greenhouse Data-logger System
This system was designed to assist farmers in third world countries effectively manage farms.
- Created the “perfect” environmental conditions for optimal maintenance and growth of plants (through remote monitoring).
- Cost Benefit Analysis of the system showed a Net Benefit of over $7000.00 per year
The open-source Arduino Software (IDE) - https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Knowledge of C or C++ is helpful
Value/Benefit to the user
* Remote/automated monitoring * Creating the “perfect” environmental conditions for optimal maintenance and growth (yield plants/crop all year) * Minimizing some of the risk and effects of unpredictable elements * Make important business decisions * Lower human errors
Criteria and Goals
* Intended for small indoor farms /Greenhouses * Free for everyone to use - Open source * Easy to understand and use for the end user * Low cost (Hardware and Software) - MySQL, Google Docs etc. * Simple Maintenance
Data logger Hardware cost
How does it work?
Deployment and Results - Prototype in action
Real world Farming/Greenhouse test
- Kenny Whyte - Initial work
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details