This small shim implements or completes
window.console on browsers which
have no or incomplete console support. The goal is to be able to use the
errors which might occur if a browser does not provide a native console or
has an incomplete console implementation.
This section lists the actions done by this shim if a specific console feature is not supported by the browser.
- assert: Full implementation which logs an error message when the assert expression is false.
- clear: Empty dummy function.
- dir: Linked to log message. Hopefully the browser or external logging facility knows how to dump objects.
- dirxml: Linked to log message. Hopefully the browser or external logging facility knows how to dump DOM nodes.
- trace: Empty dummy function.
- group: Empty dummy function.
- groupCollapsed: Empty dummy function.
- groupEnd: Empty dummy function.
- time: Full implementation which records the current time under the specified name.
- timeEnd: Full implementation which calculates the difference between the current time and the recorded start time and logs it.
- timeStamp: Empty dummy function.
- profile: Empty dummy function.
- profileEnd: Empty dummy function.
- count: Empty dummy function.
- exception: Linked to console.error. Not exactly the same but at least all parameters are logged as an error message then.
- table: Full implementation. Output is not really beautiful but it works.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Klaus Reimer firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If you have any problems with console-shim or find bugs in the software then please create an issue.