LWF - Lightweight SWF
LWF is a technology to let you have animated 2D character animations and 2D user interfaces easily.
Generally speaking, making rich 2D character animations and user interfaces are expensive area. You can use Adobe FLASH(TM) as powerful authoring tool with talented Flash artist. As a result, you can have rich content within short time.
LWF is a technology to make 2D game assets such as props, character animations and user interfaces assets by using FLASH and play these assets during game-runtime on the top of HTML5 or Unity where FLASH player is not supported.
Features and benefits
- Scene data is player independent. Scene data can be played both on HTML5 and Unity without any modification.
- Flexible rendering system. A cocos2d-html5 is supported as well.
- Game oriented and production proven APIs.
- Tuned and production ready rendering performance.
LWF in production
- "Animal Days" and "Alien Family" are using LWF technology. GREE will continue to release further titles by using LWF.
- Animal Days http://product.gree.net/us/en/apps/46390/
- More DEMOs are available here!
- LWF requires Ruby to convert from swf into lwf file formart.
- Ruby 1.8, 1.9 or JRuby should be installed properly.
- Under construction
GREE's Open Source policy
GREE has very positive attitude about open sourcing in-house technologies to contribute open source community. We want many people to use these open sourced technologies and make technology world better.
- Other GREE technologies that has been open sourced
- WebView plug-in for Unity https://github.com/gree/unity-webview
- System font renderer plug-in for Unity https://github.com/gree/unity-systemfontrenderer
- Bitmap font renderer plug-in for Unity https://github.com/gree/unity-bitmapfontrenderer
- Distributed key-value storage "Flare" https://github.com/gree/flare/
- Graph visualization framework Orion https://github.com/gree/Orion