What is Stateprinter
A simple framework for automating aspects of implementing
ToString()-methods, unit testing, and debugging. Speed is achieved through run-time code generation and caching.
Why you should take StatePrinter for a spin
- No more manual
ToString()- it is much easier to write robust and self-sufficient
ToString()methods. Seamless integration into a code-base with manually implemented ToString-methods.
- No more manual writing/updating Asserts - both for new tests and when the code changes, all tests can automatically be corrected.
- No more screens full of asserts. Especially testing against object-graphs is a bliss.
- Very configurable and extensible.
- It is part of the back-end engine of other projects
- The very nice ApprovalTests framework.
How do I get started
The documentation is split into
Where can I get it?
Install Stateprinter from the package manager console:
PM> Install-Package StatePrinter
And for pre-release versions
PM> Install-Package StatePrinter -Pre
How can I get help?
How can I help out
Everyone is encouraged to help improve this project. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Blog about your experinces with the tool. We highly need publicity. I'll gladly link from here to your blog.
- Report bugs
- Fix issues and submit pull requests
- Write, clarify, or fix the documentation
- Suggest or add new features
StatePrinter has been awarded a ReSharper group license, to share among all active contributers.
Stateprinter is maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible. Releases will be numbered with the following format:
and constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor
- Bug fixes and misc changes increase the build number
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
Version History: http://github.com/kbilsted/StatePrinter/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
Upgrading from v1.xx to v2.0.x should be a matter of configuring the
Upgrading from v2.0 to v2.1 simply follow the documentation in the obsolete attributes.
Requires .NET 3.5 or newer.
Stateprinter is under the Apache License 2.0, meaning that you can freely use this in other open source or commercial products. If you use it for commercial products please have the courtesy to leave me an email with a 'thank you'.
Kasper B. Graversen