A waf script and tools to allow easy building and loading of arduino software from command line.
Instructions for use
Note, this has only been tested in Linux so far. It should work for Windows, but I have yet to test it.
- Drop the waf (tested with waf 1.6.11) executable binary into the root directory of this source.
- Edit config.ini to indicate: board - The Arduino board you are building for and uploading to. This value needs to match one from the boards.txt that is installed with the Arduino sources. dir - Set this to a comma or space separated list of directories for which you want to build all .c and .cpp files in. files - Set this to a comma or space separated list of individual files with paths relative to the location of config.ini. This can be used instead of or in additoin to dir arduino - This doesn't matter currently. installPath - The path to the root directory of the Arduino install. libraries - Set this to the directory name of any libraries you want to be a part of the build.
- Run waf configure: ./waf-1.6.11 configure or python waf-1.6.11
- Build software: ./waf-1.6.11 build
- Upload to board: ./waf-1.6.11 upload
The software in this git repository is licensed under the same license as waf itself, the BSD license: http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php. Basically - give credit as to where you got the sources: https://github.com/kcstrom/arduinowaf
Copyright (c) 2012, kcstrom All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.