What is Wt ?
Wt is a C++ library for developing web applications. It consists of:
- libwt, a widget/rendering library
- libwthttp, an (async I/O) HTTP/WebSockets server
- libwtfcgi, a FastCGI connector library (Unix)
- libwtisapi, an ISAPI connector library (Windows)
- libwttest, a test connector environment
It also contains a C++ ORM, which can be used in a web application (obviously), but can also be used on its own:
- libwtdbo, a C++ ORM
- libwtdbopostgres, PostgreSQL backend
- libwtdbosqlite3, Sqlite3 backend
- libwtdbofirebird, Firebird backend
For more information, see the homepage.
Optionally, you may want to add:
- OpenSSL for SSL and WebSockets support in the built-in httpd, the HTTP(S) client, and additional cryptographic hashes in the authentication module
- Haru PDF library which is used for painting to PDF
- GraphicsMagick which is used for painting to PNG, GIF
- PostgreSQL for a PostgreSQL backend
- Firebird for a Firebird backend
- Pango for improved font support in PDF and raster image painting
- ZLib for compression in the built-in httpd.
For the FastCGI connector, you also need:
- FastCGI development kit: you need the C/C++ library (libfcgi++)