Cookiecutter template for a Python package using the Apache 2.0 License.
See https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter for the original
- Free software: BSD license (License applies to this cookie cutter)
- Stock License: Apache 2.0 (Applies to generated project)
- Pytest runner: Supports unittest, pytest, nose style tests and more
- Travis-CI: Ready for Travis Continuous integration testing
- Tox testing: Setup to easily test for python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3 and PyPy
- Sphinx docs: Documentation raedy for generation with, for example, ReadTheDocs
- Wheel support: Use the newest python package distribution standard from the get go
Generate a Python package project:
- Create a repo and put it there.
- Add the repo to your Travis CI account.
- Add the repo to your ReadTheDocs account + turn on the ReadTheDocs service hook.
- Run tox to make sure all tests pass.
- Release your package the standard Python way.
Not Exactly What You Want?
Don't worry, you have options:
Similar Cookiecutter Templates
- audreyr/cookiecutter-pypackage: The original pypackage, uses unittest for testing and other minor changes.
- `Nekroze/cookiecutter-pypackage`_: Added py.test and Wheel support
If you have differences in your preferred setup, I encourage you to fork this to create your own version. Once you have your fork working, add it to the Similar Cookiecutter Templates list with a brief explanation. It's up to you whether or not to rename your fork.
Or Submit a Pull Request
I also accept pull requests on this, if they're small, atomic, and if they make my own packaging experience better.