cwnmyr is an open-source community wireless network management platform developed to meet the needs of the Personal Telco Project.
This is a Rails application, developed with PostgreSQL as a database. It can be run in any server or container that supports Rails, and should work with any other DBMS supported by Rails.
This software is partially functional, with continued development ongoing. Several public-facing live instances of the app are now operational.
- Personal Telco live instance: https://cwnmyr.personaltelco.net/
- Staging deployment: https://cwnmyr-staging.quinn.tk/
Feedback, bug reports, and pull requests are very welcome.
In addition to the standard Rails configuration options, this app allows several common settings to be controlled through the environment:
- DOMAIN_NAME: Host part of the URL the instance is hosted at. Required.
- SECRET_KEY_BASE: Secret key for the instance. Required.
- PORT: TCP port to listen for HTTP requests. Default is 3000.
- BIND: Unix socket to listen for HTTP requests. Supersedes PORT if set.
- GMAPS_API_KEY: Google Maps API key. Required.
- PTP_API_KEY: PTP API key. Only needed to import confidential data.
- SMTP_HOST: SMTP host for outgoing mail. Uses sendmail if not set.
- SMTP_USER: Username for outgoing SMTP authentication. Required if using SMTP.
- SMTP_PASS: Password for outgoing SMTP authentication. Required if using SMTP.