🐦 🔀 🗑️ Keep or Sweep for Twitter
Platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have your embarrassing old stuff that not even you know about anymore. Time to take a trip down memory lane and sweep it!
The app fetches all of a user’s Tweets from the Twitter API, randomizes, and displays them as embed one at a time to keep or sweep.
Every Nigerian politician needs this app so they can clean up their old lies.
– @enobong, 129+ Sweeps
Before I start using this, please remember that people can change.
– @hugoroyd, 41 sweeps
Aaah where's the funny stuff!?
– @madeline_oh, 29 sweeps
had a great meal: vegetables
– @pierreozoux (back in 2009), 27 sweeps
I used this app and my cryptocoins are all still there.
– @mradwanz, 21 Sweeps
ich hab nichts schlaues zu sagen, also sag ich einfach nichts
– @piperek_jen (back in 2016), 18 sweeps
Very very fun! Can you do this with other people's accounts?
– @christalib_, 15 sweeps, including an accidental one
Ooh this is very empowering!
Marie Kondo would be proud of this app
– @saadcaffeine, 13 Sweeps
Insert testimonial here
– @myamy_vicy, 12 Sweeps
What do you think about Keep or Sweep? Let us know and include your Twitter username and Sweep score!
- Register a Twitter app.
http://localhost:8000/callback.phpas a "Callback URL" in the newly registered application.
.env, set the
CONSUMER_SECRETfrom your Twitter app.
- In a terminal, run
composer installto install the dependencies.
- Then run
./dev.shto start the server.
- Visit http://localhost:8000 in a browser.
🚦 Fixes and features
🐛 Issues happening often
transform: scale(0.5, 0.5);based on how much larger than the viewport the Tweet is. Only seems to have issues with the animation for some reason.
- People don’t know their passwords. We could possibly have a fallback where you just put in your username, and swept Tweets are added onto a list you could mail to yourself at the end.
- Unclear that sweep really deletes: Show a notice on first sweep only, that it will remove, and unretweet/unfavorite.
- People in the audience have difficulty reading the Tweets: Needs a bigger screen for presentation, external monitor or even projector. Vertical monitor would be perfect for display of Tweet embed.
- Unclear when Tweets are Retweets: Needs a better indicator for Retweets.
- Sweeping could be more satisfying: Sound effects for spree sweeps (m-m-m-MONSTER SWEEP!) like in Unreal Tournament.
- Possibly implement showing favorited Tweets too, with
favorites/destroy. Needs additional indicator then.
- Ability to undo last action would be nice. But in the case of sweeping we then need to hold off on actual deletion until the next action.
📜 Advanced stuff and details
- When you play an embedded video, the cursor focus gets lost and the next click on a button does not react: Automatically unfocus after click inside Tweet?
- Currently white screen when Twitter can’t be reached, instead show note about it (maybe also wifi is slow).
- Could also display people you are following, to unfollow. However it’s a level above (kind of a "collection" and not a single element) and thus there’s less context there.
- Super like / Love: Additional button which retweets and likes the Tweet, even if it is your own.
- Global high score table of sweep counter → maybe just Tweet from @keeporsweep with messages like "Yeah! @username swept 12 Tweets using http://keeporsweep.net
- Keep or Sweep x Wahl-o-mat: Show anonymized tweets of politicians, and show a result screen of parties you most agreed with.