- Raspberry Pi Software Install
- Pourd Software
- KegNet Client Software
- KegNet Server REST API
- Raspi Adapter Daughter Board Hardware
- GPIO Pin Assignment
Overview of the KegNet Client
KegNet tracks the temperature and volume of beer in a keg, including every pour, and posts this info to a Facebook-like website for your kegerator.
The KegNet client consists of a small, cheap, internet connected computer attached to a liquid flow meter and a temperature sensor. This allows it to constantly track beer consumption and refrigerator temperature, which is then transmitted to the central KegNet servers for processing and display.
The main KegNet website is www.kegnetwork.com
- Raspberry Pi Model B - $35 from Newark Element 14
- KegNet Raspberry Pi Adapter Daughter Board - (~$10 custom designed)
- SF 800 Low Pressure Flow Meter - $60 + $20 S&H from Swissflow
- Waterproof Digital Temperature Sensor - $10 from Adafruit
- Minimum 4G class 10 SD Card - $8 to $10 from Amazon
- USB Wall Charger - $6 from Monoprice
- Micro USB Cable - $1 from Monoprice
- 3.5mm Extension Cables - $1 from Monoprice
- Miniature USB Wifi Adapter - $8 from Monoprice
Custom Software Components (This repository)
- pourd - The pour daemon, captures beer pours using the flow sensor
- kegnet-client - The KegNet client daemon - transmits temperature and pours to the KegNet servers
Client software should be simple, efficient, minimalistic, and rely on operating system provided facilities as much as possible.