NowJS Version 0.6.1 - 6/10/2011
Changes since 0.6:
- Socket.IO dependency updated to 0.6.18.
- Reconnects implemented.
- More bug fixes and performance increases.
NowJS Version 0.6 - 5/14/2011
Changes since 0.5:
- Socket.IO dependency updated to 0.6.17.
- .hasClient(id) and .count added to ClientGroups.
- See API documentation for further information.
- Various bug fixes and performance increases.
NowJS Version 0.5 - 4/8/2011
Changes since 0.3:
- initialize() optionally accepts
- It is possible to set a custom host/port combination in now.js using
options.port. This overrides the default auto-detected settings.
- The object set at
options.socketiois passed to socket.io as a configuration parameter.
- Clients can optionally be prevented from making changes to their now namespace. To enable, set the
falsein the options parameter to
- Users can be added to groups other than
everyone. Usage of this API is documented in the User Manual.
Bug fixes since 0.3:
- IE compatibility enhanced
- Events properly handled
NowJS Version 0.4
- Various bug fixes and performance issues
NowJS Version 0.3 - 3/18/2011
Changes since version 0.2:
Breaks Remote functions can no longer use return values. Please pass in and use a callback parameter when you need a return value from your remote call
Internet Explorer IE6/7/8 are now supported! There is lower performance when changing the value of a variable inside now, but function calls and remote calls (pushing/pulling) is 100% realtime
Performance Improvements since 0.2:
now.js now contains nowUtil.js embedded, reducing number of requests
Static files (now.js) are now cached in memory on the server-side, reducing disk reads
Reduced per request latency; internal replacing of server/port info with actual server/port is now only done once on server startup
Bug fixes since version 0.2:
Safari, IE6/7/8, Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) Safari now supported. nowUtil.js now contains a minified json2.js shim
Rare instances when not all attributes of now on client side would be initialized is now fixed
Array.isArray replaced with more flexible array check (thanks andref)
Changed uses of
x in yto
Bugs resulting in cross-port setups not working have been fixed
NowJS Version 0.2 - 3/11/2011
Changes since version 0.1:
Unified nowLib.js was split into nowClientLib.js and nowServerLib.js
In nowServerLib.js, NowWatcher class was replaced with a Harmony Proxy implementation in proxy.js
nowClientLib.js continues to use NowWatcher class for namespace traversal.
Server crashes with a "hasOwnProperty of undefined" error when a client abruptly connects.
Library does not expose client connect and disconnect events to the developer.
Library does not expose any form of unique client ID to the developer.
Library does not provide a way to select particular clients or a single client based on filters/criteria.