playchoicecomplete layout for AttractMode front end
playchoicecomplete is a layout for the AttractMode front end. It is inspired from the Nintendo Playchoice-10 arcade machine.
This layout is intended to be displayed at a minimum of VGA resolution (640x480) and will scale gracefully to any higher resolutions, including widescreen resolutions.
If you are intending to use this layout only with Nintendo roms, it is recommended to use Vs. roms instead of actual Playchoice-10 roms as they are the same game, but without a menu (redundent if using AttractMode) and is single screen.
- AttractMode compatible device with AttractMode 2.3.0 or greater installed
- Mame/GroovyMame installed with corresponding roms and bios
You may need to change file paths as necessary if your differs.
- Copy layout files to
- The Helpers module is REQUIRED for you to install. The layout will not work correctly without it.
- The Shuffle module is REQUIRED for you to install. The layout will not work correctly without it.
- The Shader module is RECOMMENDED. Shader module is required if you intend to use crt shaders within the layout, or have round corners on the slot artwork.
- The Leap plugin is OPTIONAL. Leap plugin helps to leap over empty filters. Whacky things happen if you have a favorites filter and no roms selected as a favorite!
- The FadeToGame plugin is OPTIONAL. FadeToGame will fade the screen when transitioning to and from a game. Be sure to set "To Game Run Time" to at least 2064 milliseconds if using SoundFx in playchoicecomplete, to prevent clipping of select SoundFx.
Sounds for this layout were obtained from the following locations.
Artwork for this layout were obtained from the following locations.