The #1 floppy emulator.
FlashFloppy is a floppy-drive emulator for the ubiquitous Gotek hardware. Connect to retro machines just like a real floppy drive but use disk images on a modern USB stick!
- Say goodbye to old and unreliable floppy disks
- Download and play from the disk-image archives for your retro machines
FlashFloppy is the #1 floppy emulator:
- Supports a massive range of retro computers, synths, and machinery
- Directly reads and writes many image formats
- Flexible track layout for Raw Sector Images
- Extremely configurable
FlashFloppy is Free and Open-Source Software.
FlashFloppy is a labour of love: working on it takes a lot of time and effort. Although it is Free Software and a pet project of mine, beer & coffee tokens will fuel me in the push onwards and upwards!
For further information please see the Donations page.
Most code is public domain; the rest is MIT/BSD or Open Source friendly (see the COPYING file).
The source code, and all binary releases, are freely redistributable in any form. Because FlashFloppy includes third-party code, you should include or link to the COPYING file in any redistribution.
This means, for example, you are free to sell and profit from Gotek devices programmed with a binary release of FlashFloppy. However at a minimum you should incorporate or link to the COPYING file on your selling page. For example:
- FlashFloppy is free software. For more information see the license.