A retro floppy emulator for the ubiquitous Gotek hardware.
- Directly supports a wide range of image formats:
- ADF (Commodore Amiga)
- ADM, ADL, ADF, DSD, SSD (Acorn DFS and ADFS)
- D81 (Commodore 64 1581)
- DSK (Amstrad CPC, Spectrum +3, Sam Coupe, Microbee)
- FDI (NEC PC-98)
- IMG, IMA, DSK (IBM MFM Raw Sector)
- JVC, DSK (Tandy Color Computer 'CoCo')
- MBD (Spectrum MB02)
- MGT (Spectrum DISCiPLE/+D)
- OPD (Spectrum Opus Discovery)
- SDU (SAB Diskette Utility)
- ST (Atari ST)
- TRD (Spectrum TR-DOS)
- V9T9, DSK (TI-99/4A)
- VDK (Dragon)
- HFE, HFEv3 (Universal)
- Pre-configured track layouts for Raw Sector Images:
- Akai (S01, S20, S950)
- DEC (RX33, RX50)
- Ensoniq (ASR, TS, etc)
- Fluke (9100)
- General Music (S2, S3, S2R)
- Nascom (1, 2)
- NEC PC-98
- UKNC, DVK (Soviet PDP-11)
- IBM PC and many others
Most code is public domain; the rest is MIT/BSD or Open Source friendly (see the COPYING file).
The source code, and all binary releases, are freely redistributable in any form. Because FlashFloppy includes third-party code, you should include or link to the COPYING file in any redistribution.
This means, for example, you are free to sell and profit from Gotek devices programmed with a binary release of FlashFloppy. However at a minimum you should incorporate or link to the COPYING file on your selling page. For example:
- FlashFloppy is free software. For more information see the license.
Although FlashFloppy is Free Software, some people have expressed a wish to make a donation for using and distributing it. If this includes you please feel free to make that donation to a charity of your choice. Money sent directly to me is donated to Macmillan Cancer Support in the UK.
A couple of redistributors have chosen to donate 1GBP/1EUR to charity for each unit they sell. I appreciate this lovely gesture but as with end-user donations it is entirely at their discretion. FlashFloppy will always be Free.