by Kelan Champagne (http://yeahrightkeller.com)
Please feel free to send me questions or comments.
YRKSpinningProgressIndicator is a clone of the "Spinning style" NSProgressIndicator that can be set to an arbitrary size and color. The background color can also be set, or it can be transparent. You can even change the color in real-time while it's animating. SPIDemo is an app to demo its use.
- v1.4 2014-05-29 novawave fork: clean-up for submission as cocoapod, pull falkobuttler's changes for ARC support
- v1.3 2010-09-06 Pulled fixes, name improvements from mikeabdulla and uncomplex. NOTE: This version is not backwards-compatible with previous versions due to the name changes.
- v1.2 2009-12-21 Added determinate mode and threaded animation, mostly via email from Rowan Beentje (from SequelPro).
- v1.1 2009-02-14 Fixes from Eric Roccasecca.
- v1.0 2008-07-08 Initial Release.
- Can be set to arbitrary size and color.
- Can even be changed while animating.
- Background color can be set arbitrarily or be transparent.
- Has determinate mode that is a pie-chart of the progress.
- Requires ARC.
- Implemented as a subclass of NSView.
- Animation is done with an NSTimer, or on a separate thread (when setUsesThreadedAnimation:YES). You can even swap between the two while the animation is running.
Please feel free to fork this project, or email any patches to me at email@example.com.
Copyright (c) 2009, Kelan Champagne (http://yeahrightkeller.com)
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Kelan Champagne nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Also, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know if you find this code useful.