This repository is also used for issue tracking and feature requests.
How it Works
- The containers run in a remote Kubernetes cluster. compose-go parses compose files into a standard format, which is then deployed by the Blimp Cloud.
- Localhost network tunnels are implemented over gRPC streams.
- Bind volumes are implemented with Syncthing. The Syncthing connection is also tunnelled over the gRPC stream.
blimp has been tested on Mac, Linux, and Windows WSL.
curl -fsSL 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kelda/blimp/master/scripts/install.sh' | sh
# Download the example. git clone https://github.com/kelda/node-todo cd node-todo # Pick a username. mkdir -p ~/.blimp && echo 'username: your_user' > ~/.blimp/auth.yaml # Boot the docker-compose.yml. blimp up # You can now interact with your containers as if they were running locally. # Edit files. vim app/routes.js # Access the app. curl localhost:8080
- Design principles (be light, require zero setup, and require zero workflow changes)
- Release notes for past Blimp versions.
- Basic usage analytics are collected by default (you can opt out).
- The Kelda Slack is the best way to reach the maintainers.
Contributions are very much welcome! Check out the contribution guide to get started.