Participation allows teachers to track student participation with a fair, points-based system.
- Teachers can create multiple classes with rosters of students that are listed alphabetically by last name.
- Teachers initialize each class with a maximum number of participation points to earn and a default number that each student starts with. All students are initialized with the default point value.
- Teachers can add or subtract points from students using the plus or minus buttons, which send an AJAX call to the database.
- Points for each student are automatically converted into percentages.
- Students' point values can be cleared and set back to the default. This action can be done on all students in a class at one time.
- Teachers can add comments about individual students that are dated for future reference.
- Teachers can have comments automatically mailed to students.
- Devise manages users, security, and logins.
- The data is queried and stored with PostgreSQL.