Clone this wiki locally
If anyone would like to take on any of these tasks, drop me a line on the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you’re not sure how to do them intially, I’ll guide you through it.
This list is by no means exhaustive, and feel free to add to this list.
- Move this TODO list over to Mantis when Lynoure’s done with that
- port all of the i18n().arg() calls
- right now, there are many times where we use i18n(“%1 bar”).arg(foo), this has to be changed to be i18n(“%1 bar”, foo)
- Clean up the #includes in all of the files
- Use Phonon for the SoundContent, and perhaps AnimatedContent (and allow videos?)
- Make sure KColorCombo2 and SystemTray work
- I plan (after they’re ported) on submitting these two classes to kdelibs to replace them (they are a lot better than the ones in kdelibs currently); I’ve gotten the OK from Sébastien to relicense them to LGPL.
- This task can be done independent of basket; it should be quite trivial to test if these work with a small test app.
- Remove unix dependency (we include unistd.h in several places for stuff like usleep)
- Initial patch done by Rui — just needs a touchup.
- Remove QImageBlitz dependency (we just it just for fade; surely we can find another effect :)
- Make sure AnimationContent behaves as expected
- Double check all of the mimetype-replaced functionality we use. I’m not so confident about those changes
- Stop using Global::config and KConfig pointers directly
- Need to be ported to use KSharedConfigPtr’s.
- Remove duplicate code in BNPView::showPassive*
- Find out why the BNPView (which is a QSplitter) doesn’t resize right
- Find out what’s causing the stray w3.org/….dtd tags in the line edits when editing text (very likely the HTMLExporter)
- Make sure all the coordinate system conversions are right when placing and drawing (especially in Basket)
- Prepare for localization, try to use existing translations
- Write some type of backup utility for Basket 1.0 baskets when upgrading (in case anything goes wrong, we don’t want people to lose their Baskets)
- Kontact plugin (haven’t looked at it yet)
- Use KRichTextEdit as our base text editor
- needs discussion
- Re-do the note factories to make it more extensible and dynamic (so we can have plugins later, perhaps)
- The things from the OpenUsability site
- Large scale reworkings of the framework to accomodate Akonadi and the ideas from the OpenUsability site
- Port Basket from Q3ScrollView to QGraphicsView
- Split up all of the notecontents into separate files (and even a subdirectory)
- See if the KDE guys will let me change KTextEdit to set “Allow Tabulations” always in kdelibs
- Or at least some kind of menu accessor so I can actually do this.