Please sign in to comment.
When the SIM_READY set current preferred network type.
This looks to fix a problem where the nv_data.bin file file gets corrupted. When greping a radio log for "md5" if something like following is seen: RIL(s) : load_md5_state: MD5 state 1 RIL(s) : check_md5: RIL(s) : compute_md5: path /efs/nv_data.bin RIL(s) : check_md5: MD5 fail. orignal md5 '628647a8e5c6cac2d586199417c0103c' computed md5 '58a635cbaf5fe4ffb2797aeaa2b32709' (rild) RIL(s) : check_md5: RIL(s) : compute_md5: path /efs/.nv_data.bak It means that corruption was detected and a back version was used which is ok. Apparently that backup version can have the default network type revert to 2G only thus causing the symptoms reported in b/5695729 where after taking an OTA 2G becomes the default. By calling setCurrentPreferredNetworkType when the sim is ready we can reset the the network type to 3G. Note: I also tried calling setCurrentPreferredNetworkType in EVENT_RADIO_AVAILABLE but that didn't work and we would see the response to setPreferredNetworkType failing as the ril wasn't ready. RILJ : setCurrentPreferredNetworkType: 0 RILJ : > REQUEST_SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE : 0 RILJ : < REQUEST_SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE error: com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: RADIO_NOT_AVAILABLE Bug: 5695729 Change-Id: Ibbd29cda0b201a8c08f4dcfa5cec211611e1d599
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 33 additions and 0 deletions.
- +7 −0 telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/BaseCommands.java
- +6 −0 telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/CommandsInterface.java
- +11 −0 telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/RIL.java
- +6 −0 telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/cdma/CdmaServiceStateTracker.java
- +3 −0 telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmServiceStateTracker.java