First impressions are super. Natural flowing voice and very helpful for multitasking and also giving my eyes a rest.
Thank you so much for this extension. I absolutely swear by it whenever I need to read any large chunk of text. The combination of hearing it in a clear voice (...) Its fantastic, thank you so much.
LOVE this extension. I remember better when i hear a story vs reading
This is a phenomenal extension. Better than anything else I tryed so far. Simple, easy, customizable (...) I would recommend this whole heartedly to anyone who has dyslexia like me, or any other reasons for not beeing able to read comfortably at all times.
Read Aloud is a Chrome and Firefox extension that uses text-to-speech technology to convert webpage text to audio. It works on a variety of websites, including news sites, blogs, fan fiction, publications, textbooks, school and class websites, online universities and course materials.
Read Aloud is aimed at users who prefer to listen to content instead of reading, people with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, children learning to read, or simply to provide users with alternative way to consume web content.
Read Aloud allows you to select from a variety of text-to-speech voices, including those provided natively by the browser, as well as by text-to-speech cloud service providers such as Google Wavenet, Amazon Polly, IBM Watson, and Microsoft. Some of the cloud-based voices may require additional in-app purchase to enable.
Right Click Menu
ALT-P : Play/Pause ALT-O : Stop ALT-Comma : Rewind ALT-Period : Forward
You can change the voice, reading speed, pitch, or enable text highlighting:
- Click the Read Aloud icon on the Extensions menu.
- Stop any text that may be playing.
- Click on the Gear icon in the Read Aloud context menu. (It may take a second or two for settings to appear)
Using Premium Voices
Chrome and Chromium-based browsers
You can get the latest available Read Aloud Extension version from the Chrome Web Store.
You can get the latest version of Read Aloud Extension from the Mozilla Add-ons website.
- Star this GitHub repo
- Post about it on your social media (Twitter / Blogs / Facebook / Instagram etc).
- Leave a positive review on the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Addon pages.
- Create pull requests, submit bugs, suggest new features or documentation updates
- To do so, go to this page and click the New issue button.