.o0 SavageWheels 0o.
Savage Wheels is a 2D car crashing arcade game. You take part of a deadly tournament, the goal of which, is to eliminate all other derby contestants. Players may choose from a variety of vehicles, each vehicle has an unique driver and characteristics like speed, acceleration, armor and damage. Various bonuses may be collected during each match to increase your vehicle's speed, damage or to repair it. Gameplay modes include a campaign, hot-seat mode between two players or a melee mode where vehicles are controlled by fearsome AI opponents. All vehicle drivers have background stories which are uncovered in the campaign mode.
ArchLinux users may install from AUR.
Gentoo users may install from the packages repository.
An Open Pandora build is also available.
On Windows, just unpack the ZIP file and start the game by running
Other Linux platforms. First, make sure you've got
sdl_mixer 1.2installed. Run the sh install script and start the game with
How to play
It's all in the Readme.html. Yay!
Please check HISTORY for latest changes.
Please check INSTALL for how to compile the game.
Open Source Libraries
- libSDL - Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library.
- TinyXML - TinyXML is a simple, small, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs.
- SDL_mixer - SDL_mixer is a sample multi-channel audio mixer library.
- libmikmod - Mikmod is a module player and library supporting many formats, including mod, s3m, it, and xm.
- FMod Ex - Audio engine : FMOD Sound System by Firelight Technologies