ARE212 Spring 2015
This is a repository for the latest version of the ARE212 section notes. Each section has its own directory that contains at least three core files:
.Rnwthat compiles to the
.Rfiles. In fact, the
knitrdocument is the code; and you can dynamically update all downstream documents from within any text editor that can compile
.Rnwfiles (I use TexStudio).
You do not have to interact with the
.Rnwdocument directly, but rather just with the R code or PDF write-up.
A PDF of the section notes, which effectively documents the code. If you are only interested in following along, rather than running the code yourself, just browse to the
section-01.pdf) and click "view raw". The PDF will begin downloading immediately.
An R script that compiles all of the code within the PDF. Note that there is little documentation within the code. Instead, the code is documented from the PDF description.
Tips for the next instructor
- Make sure the restrictions are really clear in the intros to exams. For example, make sure the Professor explicitly mentions you are allowed to use all of:
- loop functions (the apply family, for example)
- logical operators/functions
- basic arithmetic functions
- distribution functions
- random number generators
- data manipulation functions
- Use online submissions for problem sets and exams.