Note: This project is no longer maintained. The latest Cura versions have excellent support to directly slice and send gcode to OctoPrint, and hence render this plugin largely obsolete.
If you are interested in taking over the ownership of this plugin, please PM me.
Slicer plugin offers useful features that OctoPrint's built-in slicer doesn't have:
- Rotate, scale, and move STL models.
- Slice multiple STLs at a time. Split 1 STL into unconnected parts.
- Circular print bed support (do you have a delta printer?).
- High-light overhang areas. Automatically orient the model for better result ("lay flat").
- Slice based on Cura profiles you upload to OctoPrint.
- Customizable slicing settings, including Basic (layer height, bed temperature ...) and Advanced (print speed, start/end G-code ...).
- Slic3r support (when Slic3r plugin is installed).
- More is coming...
Install via the bundled Plugin Manager or manually using this URL:
Are you a proud developer? Do you want to pitch in? I have made it as easy as 1-2-3:
git clone https://github.com/kennethjiang/OctoPrint-Slicer.git cd OctoPrint-Slicer docker-compose up
- Open http://localhost:5000/ in your browser