This is just a scratchboard for a possible distributed packaging system for Python.
Package servers can be treated like Git remotes. Pull a package from one, push it to another.
I've spent 3 hours today trying to deal with some deep dependency of someone's broken package. This should take seconds.
- Mirror (or fork) any project in mere seconds
- PyPi + Pip compatibility
- Dependencies managed by installer (packages client), not distutils.
- Everyone. PyPi Alternative
- Companies. Shouldn't rely on third parties.
- Open source projects. Shouldn't rely on third parties.