CubicWorld is a minecraft like voxel engine written for Unity3D. It has builtin realtime world generation and modification support.
- Easily add new world generators by just attaching them to the terrain object
- Flexible block registration, blocks can get added at runtime
- Transparent block rendering
- Realtime world editing
- Unity physics integration (There will be a custom physics system in the future available)
- Infinite random terrain
- Chunk serialization and deserialization (for saving chunk data)
- [HIGH PRIORITY] Unity networking integration
- [MIDDLE PRIORITY] Code cleanups / Performance optimizations
- [MIDDLE PRIORITY] Simple Lighting System (Alternative to unity's heavy lighting / shading)
- [MIDDLE PRIORITY] Fluid simulation
- [LOW PRIORITY] Custom Physics System (PlayerController and Raycasts, so very simple.)
- [LOW PRIORITY] End-user documentation
Documentation is currently in-progress. API-Documentation: http://kennux.net/unity/cubicworld/apidoc/ (May not be up to date, documentation currently has a lower priority)
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Kenneth Ellersdorfer
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.