by Kenny Wong (NA: CantonNeko) and Nathan Frueh (NA: urbanVenturer)
- This project gives us a chance to build a product using proper software practices to give back to the Riot community that we love as well as developing our own software skills.
- We chose to do Item Sets because whenever we play a new champion, we never know what to build. We would then look up a build on a 3rd party site and tab between that site and league during the game. Really Inconvenient. We wanted to bridge that gap by allowing summoners to find a build they like and create a build path for them. With one click, save that itemset and never have to worry about missing a build item again.
Why you should like us! :D
- Multiple ways of finding historically proven successful builds by champion or by favorite summoners (top of the challenger ladder or your friends).
- JSON file will be created and ready for you at a click of a button
- Everything is one or two clicks away
- Technical Difficulty
- We use a ton of current technologies that is relevant in the tech industry today.
- We tried to maintain a codebase that is easily scalable with CSS classes or service calls
- We hope it looks nice for our users
- We haven't seen anything online that can create item set JSON files easily and we hope we can fill that gap for summoners
- Project Documentation
- Spent a lot of time here :D
- Setup GitHub repository
- Download GitBash, NodeJS
- Use Yeoman to create our scaffolding website structure
- Use Netbeans to create/edit code
- Grunt to serve/test/dist our code
- Initialize Python webapp from OpenShift
- Create cron script to periodically store match history from challenger and master tier players
- Perform KDA and popular item analysis and store in champion-centered MongoDB collection
- Create Restful routes via Flask to use with our front-end
- Front End
- CSS (Twitter Bootstrap)
- NodeJS with Ruby
- Back End
- Rito Games API
- Time Constraint
- We started on the project late (August 15) and took a week off to travel to NYC to watch LCS Finals and to Seattle for PAX (Aug 21 - Aug 30).
- This gives us only effectively only 6 days to brainstorm ideas AND develop the code, while balancing school and work.
- We still hope you find this site useful and insightful given slight incompleteness given our time constraints.
TODO (we have more cool ideas, but ran out of time)
- Champion Page
- Top half for most frequent
- Bottom half list best performing (kda, most win by summoner, most successful builds)
- Summoner Page
- Search for specific champions played by specific players
- KDA indicators (with W/L indicator)
- Search past the 10 most recent ranked games
- General additions
- Build order breakdowns (early/mid/late) in addition to final build for summoners
- Analyze games from other regions
- Automate analysis python script
- Remove games from older patches
- CSS (can always make it prettier)
- Documentation (can always have more of this)