UIViewController+KNSemiModal is an effort to make a replica of semi-modal view with pushed-back stacked animation found in the beautiful Park Guides by National Geographic app. You can see this original semi-modal view below.
This library (ARC) is designed as a Category to UIViewController so you don't have to subclass and you can simply drop in any project and it will just work!
Replica (view demo video to see the beautiful animation)
Download a demo clip here (1.3MB, .mov)
- Works with bare UIViewController
- Works with UIViewController contained inside UINavigationController
- Works with UIViewController contained inside UINavigationController, contained inside UITabbarController
- Auto handling of modal frame size
- Auto handling of touch area for dismissal
- Resizable after presenting so that keyboard related interactions are possible
- Easy to understand and very small code base, only 2 files
- Trivial to implement as subclass
- Landscape support (not during presentation)
- Only use basic CAAnimation
- iPad support (experimental)
- Minimum iOS 5.0 (if you need 4.x support, use older commits before Jan 2013)
- animation duration
- parent alpha
- optional push-back
- shadow opacity
- disabling the cancel action
- transition style: slide up, fade
Easily extend this to anything you would want to make configurable. Feel free to submit pull requests.
- Copy 4 files in
Sourcefolder to your project
QuartzCore.frameworkto your project
#import "UIViewController+KNSemiModal.h"in your ViewController
[self dismissSemiModalView]either from parent/presenting or child/presented controller
UIViewController+KNSemiModal is licensed under MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.