Treehouse Mentor Project
- Create project structure.
Setup site directory structure, basic SCSS directory structure and indexes.
- Evaluate color palette from provided image(s).
|Usage||Hex Value||Color Name|
|Active Page Button||#33c3f0||Picton Blue|
|Inactive Page Button||#7f7f7f||Button Gray|
|Link Text Color||#1eaeb8||Eastern Blue|
- Automate build environment with Gulp.
Automate tasks such as Sass compiling, build system.
- HTML content
Divs and basic layout and verbiage. Used Bacon Ipsum to generate ipsum text.
- CSS layout with SCSS
Generate the general layout, grid system, nav, header, and footer.
- Modal operation
- Adjustments to meet design spec.
- Validate for CSS and HTML
Use the W3C Markup Validation Service to check for errors.
- CSS Validated on 9 Nov 2015 for CSS level 3
- HTML Validated on 9 Nov 2015
As with all projects, they never really seem to be "complete". Given the opportunity to add additional functionality or improve the site some of the items I would do would be:
- better grid system, manually created the grid. Could do it with mix-ins and functions.
- modal improvement - it's functional but on small screens I would implement a smaller window with an internal "more..." link
- improve the favicon, it's functional but I wish I had better design skills.