ivim - An easy & highly customizable vim configuration
_ _ (_) __(_)___ ___ / / | / / / __ `__ \ / /| |/ / / / / / / / /_/ |___/_/_/ /_/ /_/
After about 7 years' development, ivim contains 2 versions to satisfy different requirements.
- ivim: highly customizable vim configuration, and it has more colorschemes and settings.
- ivim_mini: vim configuration with fast startup time and convenient usage, compatible with Vim 8.0+ and NeoVim.
If you love ivim, welcome to buy me a cup of coffee
Use lots of famous colorschemes to make your eyes feel comfortable in both Vim and NeoVim.
- Make using Vim more convenient and faster, and lots of useful plugins confirm a better performance of Vim.
- kristijanhusak/vim-hybrid-material - Colorscheme hybrid material
- morhetz/gruvbox - Colorscheme gruvbox
- jacoborus/tender.vim - Colorscheme tender
- vim-airline/vim-airline - Status line
- vim-airline/vim-airline-themes - Status line themes
- Yggdroot/indentLine - Indentation level
- ryanoasis/vim-devicons - Devicons
- bling/vim-bufferline - Buffer line
- mhinz/vim-startify - Start page
- junegunn/goyo.vim - Distraction-free
- junegunn/limelight.vim - Hyperfocus-writing
- Raimondi/delimitMate - Closing of quotes
- tomtom/tcomment_vim - Commenter
- tpope/vim-abolish - Abolish
- tpope/vim-speeddating - Speed dating
- tpope/vim-repeat - Repeat
- terryma/vim-multiple-cursors - Multiple cursors
- junegunn/vim-slash - In-buffer search
- mbbill/undotree - Undo tree
- tpope/vim-surround - Surround
- junegunn/vim-easy-align - Easy align
- ludovicchabant/vim-gutentags - Manage tag files
- AndrewRadev/splitjoin.vim - Splitjoin
- sickill/vim-pasta - Vim pasta
- Keithbsmiley/investigate.vim - Helper
- wikitopian/hardmode - Hard mode
- wellle/targets.vim - Text objects
- roman/golden-ratio - Resize windows
- chrisbra/vim-diff-enhanced - Create better diffs
- Under NEO
- Shougo/neocomplete.vim - Auto completion framework with Lua
- Shougo/neocomplcache.vim - Auto completion framework without Lua
- Shougo/neosnippet.vim - Snippet engine
- Shougo/neosnippet-snippets - Snippets
- Shougo/vimproc.vim - Interactive command execution
- wellle/tmux-complete.vim - Completion for tmux panes
- Under YouCompleteMe
- Under NEO
- This distribution is adapted to both Vim and NeoVim. For Vim, version should be 7.3+, and 8.0+ is recommended. For NeoVim, 0.1.5+ is recommended.
- All the installations are based on Git which is a famous distributed revision control system. If you use Windows, you may need install msysgit.
- Ctags generates an index (or tag) file of language objects found in source files that allows these items to be quickly and easily located by a text editor or other utility. I recommend you to use Exuberant Ctags.
To use this distribution with less bugs, please get more suggestions from here.
bash <(curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh) -i # or bash <(wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh -O -) -i
- ivim_mini for vim
bash <(curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh) -m # or bash <(wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh -O -) -m
- ivim_mini for neovim
bash <(curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh) -u # or bash <(wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kepbod/ivim/master/setup.sh -O -) -u
bash $HOME/.ivim/setup.sh -n
- This distribution is completely customisable using
~/.vimrc.bundles.local! (only for
- To make full use of auto-completion and syntax checking, please refer wiki.
Welcome to contribute to ivim, see issue #31 for details. Thank you very much for your supporting!
A good learning method of Vim is vimtutor, a 30 minute tutorial that teaches the most basic Vim functionality hands-on.
To try it, just type
To practice vim skills, you can enable hard mode, and it will disable the arrow keys, the 'hjkl' keys, the page up/down keys, and a handful of other keys which allow one to rely on character-wise navigation.
To enable it, just type
:call HardMode()in normal mode.
Another way to get familiar with Vim commands and settings is just rely on the strong help system of Vim.
It's easy and convenient to type
:helpin Vim for help of whatever you want to know.
A beautiful Vim cheat sheet is available here. If you want one, just click it!
Because I have set some key mappings for more convenient typing and checking, you may feel inconvenient with them at start. But if you get familiar with them, I'm sure you will love them.
You can just type
:mapin Vim to see them.
- Vim_Tips_Wiki is an excellent website, and you can learn much from it.
- Vimcasts publishes free screencasts about Vim. It's useful and interesting! Believe me!
Hope You Enjoy Vimming!!!
Copyright (C) 2012-2019 Xiao-Ou Zhang. See the LICENSE file for license rights and limitations (MIT).