Snippets allows you to relate one or more html blocks to any page in Refinery. These blocks are attached to the page parts, before or after the its html body.
- RefineryCMS with 'Pages' engine (refinerycms-pages >= 0.9.9.1)
- Snippet selector in page administration. -- done
- Save and Continue button -- done
- Attaching snippet to page part directly through administration, without overriding view template -- done
- custom attributes for snippet (id, classes etc)
- support for dynamic snippets (erb templates, forms etc)
- improve UI
- inheritance and clone
Add this line to your applications
gem 'refinerycms-snippets', '~> 0.4.1'
bundle install rails g refinerycms_snippets rake db:migrate
- Create Snippet on /refinery/snippets
- Now you can attach snippet to page when you click Edit this page on
/refinery/pages. In the Snippets tab you can select the part to which you want to attach the block and add it after and/or before the html body of the part.
- Next you can use content_of(@page, :part) to print the body of the part and the snippets attached to it in the pages views.
- You have some other interesting methods to work with snippets:
- page.snippets: returns all the snippets attached to all the parts of page.
- part.after: returns all the snippets attached after the html body of part.
- part.before: returns all the snippets attached before the html body of part.
- snippet.pages: returns all pages to whose parts is snippet attached.
- snippet.before?(part): returns true if snippet is attached before part body.
- snippet.after?(part): return true if snippet is attached after part body.
Feel free buy me some gift ;-) http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1BBMUW9DDYXFF