First of all, thank you for deciding to contribute to React Advanced Form! It is only by the power of the community we can achieve great results.
A good place to start is to ensure you are familiar with the technologies used in React Advanced Form.
- React to power the components
Please read and respect the internal agreements listed below. The latter are to ensure the quality and seamless coding approach during the development of the library.
- Please do not version the changes you provide. Versioning happens by the repository's owners after your changes are merged into the
.jsxextension for React components.
.spec.jssuffix for the test files.
- Be familiar with the Naming Cheatsheet. It contains quite a few of patterns and pieces of advice on how to name the methods, variables and anything in general.
- Once the review is passed, merge your pull request or ask somebody else to do so. Your contribution is now merged into the
masterand prepared for the next release!
- Create a new branch with the proper prefix. Use
featureprefix for new features,
bugfixfor bugfixes and
devfor internal (i.e. architectural) improvements. Examples:
- Contribute the changes.
- Add the changes with
- Commit the changes with
git checkout masterand
git pull --rebaseto pull the latest changes from the
git checkout PREFIX/YOUR_FEATURE_BRAHCand
git rebase masterto ensure your feature branch is up-to-date.
- Create a Pull request in the React Advanced Form repository.
- Pass the code review and implement possible suggestions and comments from the repository's maintainers and owners.
Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/kettanaito/react-advanced-form.git
Install the dependencies
cd react-advanced-form npm install
Run the Storybook
Start the development process by executing the following command in the terminal:
This will launch the Storybook server at http://localhost:6009.
Development process generally consist of the following steps:
- Create a test scenario (story) to test your changes.
- Import a source fields of the library into the created story.
- Develop with live updates.
IT IS MANDATORY TO COVER YOUR CHANGES WITH THE CORRESPONDING TESTS.
Depending on the character of your changes, it may be a unit test(s), integration test(s), or both.
Commit the changes
Follow the Git workflow described above.
Each your commit is followed by an automated build and tests run toward your changes. It is only when the build succeeded and all tests passed your commit is being created. Make sure to fix all the issues which may happen during this process.
Create a Pull request
Create a new pull request featuring your changes in the RAF repository. Assign the pull request to one of the library owners or contributors and await for the comment or approval. Pull request are merged into
master branch by its reviewer.
||Runs all the tests (unit and integration).|
||Opens Cypress GUI.|
||Runs unit tests.|
||Runs integration tests.|
||Performs a production build.|
Above there are the guidelines for the development contribution, but that isn't the only way you can make RAF better:
- Share your wisdom and help others in the opened Issues.
- Contribute to the Official documentation, which is a part of the RAF repository.
- Star and share React Advanced Form if you find it useful
Each of your contributions matters! Thank you.