A simple TODO application written in Python that allows users to practise their test automation abilities.
Download the code
If you wish to run the code on your own machine. Simply follow the following steps.
Note: Your specific steps may differ depending on your systems operating system.
- Make sure you have Python installed and correctly setup for your operating system (you will need 3.7 or higher).
- You will also need to install
pipenv. This can be installed by typing
pip install pipenvfrom the command line.
- Clone this repo, or down it here.
- After unzipping the downloaded archive. Navigate to where you downloaded it and open up a terminal in the location.
pipenv installto install the required dependencies.
- Create the database required by typing
flask db init,
flask db migrate&
flask db upgrade.
python manage.py runto start the server.
- Navigate to
127.0.0.1:5000to find the application running.
Example API Tests
I have written some example API tests for you to learn from. These have been written in Python and use the
These can be found here.
If you have problems with the code, or any the running of the tests. Please reach out to me on Twitter.
Have a custom solution that you would like to created automated tests for? reach out to me and lets discuss! firstname.lastname@example.org
About the author
I'm a freelance software tester based in the southwest of the UK. Please feel free to check out my blog on which I write articles about software testing. Or connect with me via email or Twitter.