3.41 - Renamed project from polylepton to nle-lepton (nle = non-linear equation) since we are not working with
true polynomials and
to avoid confusion with multi-lepton decay processes
- Renamed 'poly' string variable to 'exponents', changed other occurrances of poly or polyform to NLE,
exponents or other appropriate words
- Split monolithic source file into multiple files and added a basic Makefile
- Renamed ALWAYSSHOWRESULTS compile time option to ALWAYS_SHOW_RESULTS
Changes for v3.40:
- Added ALWAYSSHOWRESULTS compile time option - Added consistency check requiring all three terms to have the same type of n-ball volume or n-sphere surface area factors - Now displays formula key in results output (L-M+R-1=0) along with term label (L,M,R) for each term formula - Increased support range of phase 1 filter to [3..6] - Support in phase 2 for solving for any variable including me and alpha - tmpmatchcomplexity is now calculated correctly in verifyMatches()
3.39 - Expanded supported dimensions from 12 to 26
- Removed a^9 factor from M/mp mass ratio (this arbitrary scaling factor is not needed with higher
- Removed sqrt(2) factor from M/v mass ratio, as sqrt(2) inside radical is already included in
- Significant changes to phase 1 and phase 2 algorythims to be faster and more reliable
- Phase 1 now uses electron mass as a temporary reference mass, actual reference masses are now
introduced in cscanner()
- Phase 1 and 2 now always solves all polyforms. Low dimension and mixed dimension polyforms are
solved quickly. Polyforms with sequential dimensions and especially higher sequential dimensions can
take a long time to solve (over an hour in some cases).
- Renamed project from 'lepton' to 'polylepton'
Changes for version 3.38:
- Minor changes to phase 1 algorithm solvePolyForCoefficients() improves the solving difficult polyforms (like P+10+11+12) - Phase 2 solvePolyforMasses() now uses long double instead of double floating point - Phase 2 samplelimit increased (allows more phase 2's to be solved but slows the ones that fail to solve) - Compile time option IGNORE_SMALL_UNCERTAINTIES fixes alpha_em and electron mass to exact values for up to 4x phase 2 speedup - Version variable is now char instead of float - Phase 1 output now part of "status" output instead of "search" - Cosmetic changes to some debug output
Initial github release. This version includes CODATA 2018 reference values (based on the new SI definitions effective 2019/05/20).
This version works well for dimensions 1-4 or mixed +/- dimensions. It has problems solving phase 2 polynomials where the left term is dimension +5 or higher. (12 is the maximum supported dimension).