Kmisc is a package chock full of miscellaneous functions that intend to make the R programming process easier. The functions range from:
- A faster implementation of
- Utility functions for generating and styling R Markdown documents,
- A simple wrapper to
- Functions for reading in subsets of very large files:
extract_rows_from_filepulls specific rows from a (potentially large) tabular data file, where we only take rows for which a particular column entry matches a list of desired elements,
split_filesplits a file on a particular column into separate, smaller files, so that these smaller files are more amenable to parallel processing,
- Faster implementations of some common R functions; e.g.
countsis a faster version of
tablefor single vectors;
tapply_is a faster
tapplyfor the common case of splitting an atomic vector by another atomic vector,
factor_is a faster
- And more! Browse the index to get an idea of everything that's there.
Install me in R with
devtools::install_github with the following call: