##Manual## Get to the manual here.
##V1 Breaking Changes##
If you're upgrading from the
0.x.x versions, you'll want to review the huge list of breaking changes: https://github.com/kgiszewski/G42.UmbracoGrease/pull/1
##Overview## Grease is the stuff that's too dirty for the Umbraco core, but adds functionality that lots of ordinary websites can use. By dirty we don't mean (low-quality), we just mean it's a collection of specific one-off type plugins, helpers and extensions.
For example, Grease currently offers the following functionality:
- Tab Hider - Place this on a document type tab and it'll hide the entire tab. Useful for document types designed to be data nodes only (no templates) that don't need the
NodeHelper, great for multi-site installs like white label sites. Reference your key nodes like
Model.Content.AncestorOrSelf(2). Cached for speed.
RedirectHelper, great for redirecting pages and executes just before a 404 would be issued otherwise. Add redirects by adding a simple piece of content to the content tree.
FormHelper, great for sending emails.
TransformationHelper, render a partial as a string. Great for altering how the RTE would normally render things like image markup.
GETa URL and return the resource as a string.
IpHelper- Easily get the IP address of the visitor.
DbHelper- Easily get a reference to the Umbraco DB conntection.
- AppSettings - Store key/value pairs cached (sort of like Redis).
- 404 Tracker - A dashboard of URL's that have 404'd (supports multisite).
- Search Tracker - A dashboard of keyword usage from internal searches (supports multisite).
- Email 500 errors - Debounced at an internval of 15 minutes, admins can get notified when something bad happens.
- String, Int and IPublishedContent Extensions such as (just examples):
ToHumanReadableBytes(this int len)- Outputs 1.25MB
TruncateAtWord(this string text, int maxCharacters, string trailingStringIfTextCut = "…")- Outputs words at a specified character limit but won't split a word in half, adds an ellipsis or custom character at the end. For teasers and search results.
ToOrdinal(this int input)- Outputs
1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc
ToAzureBlobUrl()- Outputs Azure based blob storage media with properly formatted URL's.
Install with NuGet:
Install-Package G42.UmbracoGrease https://www.nuget.org/packages/G42.UmbracoGrease/