The main objective was to learn the basics of Ruby on Rails how to:
- Create or add new entries.
- Read, retrieve, search, or view existing entries.
- Update or edit existing entries.
- Delete/deactivate existing entries.
- User Authentication (devise)
- File Upload (carrierwave)
http://music-liby.herokuapp.com (register with a fake email and password)
Create a new artist (that has many_songs)
Create a new song (that belongs_to an artist)
Edit / Update an artist
Edit / Update a song
Remove an artist (dependent: :destroy)
Remove a song
A view page that shows the artists information and all of the songs that belong to him.
A view page that shows the songs info.
Form that can add a new artist.
Form that can add a new song with the ability to choose wich artist it belongs to. (f.collection_select)
Forms that can edit Artists, Songs
Abilty to add pictures to the Artist, Song**, [optional]
** are optional.
My personal goal is to add:
- User authentication for the ability to view, edit, update & remove [optional]
- adding a link to the Spotify preview of the song using a RESTful API
###Install to install this project execute the following commands in the terminal:
bundle install rake db:create rake db:migrate open http://localhost:3000