Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
For Play to XBMC/Kodi to work, you'll first have to setup XBMC/Kodi, then setup Play to XBMC/Kodi with the correct IP address and port. This page will guide you step by step on how to achieve this.
Setting up XBMC/Kodi
- Navigate to System > Settings > Services > Webserver
- Check and make sure that "Allow control of Kodi via HTTP" is enabled
- Leave all the other options here as they are, and write down the "Port" number on a piece of paper
- Navigate back to the home screen by hitting backspace
- Now navigate to System > System info > Network
- On the right side of your screen, you will see some numbers. Write down the numbers next to IP address, including the dots.
Setting up Play to XBMC/Kodi
- After installing Play to XBMC/Kodi, you should now have a new TV icon on the top right section of your Google Chrome, that's Play to XBMC/Kodi, click on it.
- You should now see some media control buttons and on the bottom left, some gear icon, click on it.
- You are now in the settings page. Fill in the URL field with the "IP address" that you wrote down earlier.
- Now fill in the Port field with the "Port" number that you wrote down earlier.
- Click "Save"
- You're done!
Using Play to XBMC/Kodi
- "Play now" button sends the currently playing video of your active tab to XBMC. If there are videos currently in a queue, it would be cleared and the current video would be played.
- "+Queue (X)" button puts the video of your current tab to the end of the playlist on XBMC. A number in parenthesis shows the number of items currently in the queue.
- "+Favourite" button keeps the video of your current tab in your favourite list for easy access.
- Drag and drop your favourites to rearrange them.
- With the extension window open, you can use some of your keyboard keys to remotely control XBMC. These keys are: Arrow keys, Backspace, Enter, "I" and "C".
- Right click on YouTube links to play or queue.