A Webpack WordPress Starter Theme for Gutenberg development with webpack, browsersync and SASS support. I'd like to keep a simple flow. As #Gutenberg ideas, I just try to bring as much as backend style will bring the same frontend style to match "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG).
Some of my code was taken from my older #WordPress base theme - wpbase. It was used with
Why choose this starter theme
- It starts with many code base from Twenty Nineteen. I'm sure it fits many other #WordPress development and can be used with a production website. A demo will be provide soon.
- It has a clean folder structure with comments.
- It has as much as many example code to keep you touch Customizer, Widget, Custom Gutenberg Block without installing a separate plugin.
- Author: khoipro
- License: GPL v3
- State: Beta, planning to release official in 15 Jan 2019
- Index page
Default Styling with Gutenberg
- Navigation to your
- Clone a theme
git clone https://github.com/khoipro/wpstarter.git your-theme
- Navigation to
npm run buildonce
URLparam to your local virtual host.
npm run startto start
Change a local virtual host
webpack.config.js and edit
Change your theme name
- Search for
wpstarterand replace with your text domain.
- Search for
WPStarterand replace with your theme name.
It has two parts: Backend and Frontend
Development (First release)
- Add base theme from Twenty Nineteen
- Add Webpack + BrowserSync support
- Add support for Customizer (example module: Footer)
- Add full-width page template
- Add custom widget example code
- Add support for custom Gutenberg blocks (example module: Hero Homepage)
- Add multilinguage support
Test, deploy and validation
- Validate backend/frontend code sync flow
- Deploy a demo
- Test with some popular modules
- Add Unit Test Theme data
- Release a theme to WordPress.org
I wish to hear more ideas from you and your team. I've share this theme via channel #gutenideas to ask for more improving, but as many other starter theme, I wish to keep them easy to touch and modify by any WordPress lover.