Installing the Zenoss Barclamp
Clone this wiki locally
There are currently three ways to install the Zenoss barclamp, sorted in order of increasing difficulty:
- [Download the latest Crowbar + Zenoss ISO][
- Install the Zenoss barclamp tarball into an existing Crowbar admin node
- Build it yourself
Download the latest ISO
Download it here: http://crowbar.dtolabs.com/crowbar-v1.2-openstack-50-g1ed53f7-dev.iso
This is a crowbar1.2 development build with the zenoss barclamp already installed.
Install the Zenoss barclamp tarball into your own crowbar system
Download the tarsal from this github project's downloads, and transfer it to your crowbar admin node. Then, on the admin node, run:
sudo -s /opt/dell/bin/barclamp_install zenoss.tar.gz find -L /tftpboot -type l -print0 |xargs -0 rm cd /tftpboot/gemsite; gem generate_index cd /tftpboot/ubuntu-10.10/crowbar-extra dpkg-scanpackages ./ /dev/null | gzip > Packages.gz exit
Note: some of these steps don't cascade privileges through sudo terribly well, so it's better to do it from a root shell. Exit as soon as you're done, to be safe.
Build it yourself!
- Follow the official crowbar build instructions to set up your crowbar build directory.
- Before you actually build crowbar, set up this barclamp as a submodule:
cd ~/crowbar/ git submodule add firstname.lastname@example.org:/khudgins/barclamp-zenoss barclamps/zenoss git submodule init git submodule update
- Build crowbar with this invocation:
./build-crowbar ubuntu-10.10 --update-cache --barclamps `ls barclamps`