Wirlds (Github Gameoff 2012 version)
Wirlds is a game where your hero explores a procedurally generated world to gather resources to craft the Branch of Nordrassil. The game is hosted here.
- Treasure chests increase your line of sight as well as increase your final score
- Your final score is inversely proportional to the distance your hero traveled plus the amount of treasure chests found
- Ores randomly give you a nonwood resource or none at all
- Crystals correspond to one of the five environments you'll encounter (badlands, desert, grassland, forest, tundra).
- Gold, sulfur, mercury, and gems appear at increasing altitudes away from water in that order
- You can cheat by adding
?maprevealin front of the url as a GET parameter (.ie http://localhost/wirlds/?mapreveal)
- You can revisit a certain world by copying the seed number and putting it as your GET parameter (.ie http://localhost/wirlds/?1354314043038)
Download image assets here and save them to wirlds/client/img. This is because these are various sprites taken from Heroes of Might and Magic® 3, World of Warcraft®, and BrowserQuest. Then simply run the game by pointing your web server to wirlds/client. Tested on various platforms:
- iOS 5, 6 on iPhone 4, 4S, 5
- Android 2.3, 3.1, 4.1 on various tablets and mobile devices
- IE 9, Chrome 21+, Firefox 16+, Safari 6.0+
Alternatively, you can build a minified version by simply running
sh wirlds/build.sh and will create a
clientbuild directory that can run the game. Note that the server directory is not used.