Developing Drools and jBPM
If you want to build or contribute to a kiegroup project, read this document.
It will save you and us a lot of time by setting up your development environment correctly. It solves all known pitfalls that can disrupt your development. It also describes all guidelines, tips and tricks. If you want your pull requests (or patches) to be merged into master, please respect those guidelines.
Following are the basic code style rules used in jBPM WB, full guidelines are described in kiegroup README file. Please make sure your code conforms to these rules, before submitting pull requests.
- Java source files indentation is 4 spaces (no tabs!)
- HTML and XML files indentation is 2 spaces (again no tabs)
- maximum line length is 128 characters
- license header in every source file
- do not use @author javadoc annotations (see the kiegroup guidelines for more info)
- use Unix style line endings (\n)