Adapter Responsive Video
Tags: video, embed, responsive, mobile, post, Bootstrap
Requires at least: 3.8
Tested up to: 4.9
Stable tag: 1.1
License: GPLv2 or later
Donate link: https://www.jdrf.org/donate/
- Requires Bootstrap 3.2 or later
- This responsive widget resizes with its container
- With the Video widget in WordPress 4.8 and later, this widget is less necessary for videos
- Though this widget still works with videos, the Video widget displays well in many Bootstrap themes
- But this widget also supports embeds like SlideShare, Speaker Deck, Spotify, and SoundCloud
- Upload the adapter-responsive-video directory to your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- In the "Plugins" menu, find "Adapter Responsive Video," and click "Activate."
- Add an "Adapter Video" widget by going to the admin menu and clicking "Appearance" > "Widgets."
- Type the url of the video or embed, like YouTube or Spotify.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this require?
Bootstrap 3.2 or later
- Improve support for non-video embeds by rendering the entire
<iframe>. See #9.
- Refactor the main plugin file and add PHPUnit tests. See #7.
- Set up wp-dev-lib with configuration files. See #3.
- Add PHPUnit tests, for 100% coverage of methods and functions. See #2.
- Security improvements, including securing widget output.
- First version
Please upgrade for the security improvements, especially the safer widget output.