Bootstrap Widget Styling
Make widgets mobile. A bigger click area and cleaner look for 9 default widgets.
Tags: Bootstrap, widgets, mobile, responsive, default widgets
Requires at least: 3.9
Tested up to: 4.9
Stable tag: 1.0.4
License: GPLv2 or later
Donate link: http://jdrf.org/get-involved/ways-to-donate/
Requires PHP: 5.3
- Gives Bootstrap styling to 9 Core widgets: Archives, Categories, Custom Menu, Meta, Pages, Recent Comments, Recent Posts, Search, and Tag Cloud.
- Doesn't send any files to the browser, but you must have Bootstrap 3 or later.
- Doesn't apply to Archives and Categories widgets with dropdowns.
- Disable plugin for certain widget types, using "Settings" page.
- Works with all widgets in the themes "DevDmBootstrap4," "WP Bootstrap 4," and "WP Bootstrap Starter."
- Works with all widgets except for Search on "DevDmBootstrap3," "BPT Bootstrap," and "BootstrapFast."
- Doesn't work at all on "The Bootstrap," "Radiant," "Customizr," and "Inkzine."
- No setup needed, unless you want to disable it for certain widgets.
- Upload the bootstrap-widget-styling directory to your /wp-content/plugins directory.
- In the "Plugins" menu, find "Bootstrap Widget Styling," and click "Activate."
- If you would like to disable the plugin for certain widgets, click "Settings."
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this require?
Twitter Bootstrap 3 or later.
Will this change the rest of my page's styles?
No, this doesn't use a stylesheet. It only formats widgets so they can use Bootstrap styles.
Wide click area for mobile devices.
View from a tablet.
Click anywhere in the row.
Bootstrap styling, with post counts and dates.
The Tag Cloud widget.
- Fix issue with multiple Archives or Categories widgets.
- Improve how the markup is reformatted, removing the need for the JS file.
- Added "Custom Menu" widget Bootstrap styling. The widget looks better when it has only one level of navigation.
- Fixed bug where warning appeared in strict mode.
- Integration with the plugin "Adapter Widget Rows."
- Translation-ready, but no translations included.
- Tag cloud widget support added. Improved support for the Customizer: widgets will be styled as they're added.
- First version
Fixed issue with multiple Archives or Categories widgets.
Custom Menu widget support added. The widget looks better when it has only one level of navigation.
Small bug fix. Now works well with the plugin "Adapter Widget Rows."
Supports tag cloud widgets, but old version still works with WordPress 4.0.