Liquid template engine for PHP
Liquid is a PHP port of the Liquid template engine for Ruby, which was
written by Tobias Lutke. Although there are many other templating engines
for PHP, including Smarty (from which Liquid was partially inspired), Liquid
had some advantages that made porting worthwhile:
- Default syntax that is usable in any type of document, not just html,
without need for escaping.
- 100% secure, no possibility of embedding PHP code.
- Clean OO design, rather than the mix of OO and procedural found
in other templating engines.
- Seperate compiling and rendering stages for impreoved performance.
- 100% Markup compatibility with a Ruby templating engine, making templates
usable for either.
For more information on Liquid, visit: http://www.liquidmarkup.org
In order to keep this rare port up to date, I have taken it upon myself to start a fork of this library. The original library is still hosted at: http://code.google.com/p/php-liquid/
I have no notion of superseding that repository. However this project has not been updated since 2006 so I am picking up this dead project in order to revive it. Should Mateo Murphy wish for control of the project back email: email@example.com
Regards, Michael Christenson II (aka m3talsmith)