FTP Upload in Windows 8 Store Apps / Windows 10 Universal Apps
UWP profile supports uploading and downloading content from HTTP servers using:
And downloading content from FTP servers using:
However, there is NO official API to upload content to FTP servers.
Windows.Networking.Sockets it is easy to create an FTP client to do uploads.
On this GitHub project you will find a simple example of how to upload a file to an FTP server.
- Connect to FTP server.
- Using a user name and a password.
- Using anonymous authentication.
- Upload of
- Download of
- Add SSL/TLS support. This will allow secure FTP downloads, a feature currently not supported in Windows Runtime.
- Add methods to upload or download System.IO.FileStream objects. Currently you have to convert to
- Add methods to upload Windows.Storage.Streams.IInputStream objects. Currently you have to convert to
- Add methods to download Windows.Storage.Streams.IOutputStream objects. Currently you have to convert from
FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL (FTP) specification: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc959
FTP Extensions for IPv6 and NATs: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2428
Give it a try and leave your feedback.