Kill Bill - Open-Source Subscription Billing & Payments Platform
Kill Bill has been the leading Open-Source Subscription Billing & Payments Platform over the past 10 years. The platform exists to help you scale your billing and payment infrastructure and to grow your business. Out of the box, you have access to real-time analytics and financial reports. And because you are in control of your business and client data, you avoid any vendor lock-in.
Kill Bill can fulfill the billing and payment needs of nearly any online business. Reliable and robust, it has proven itself over time with even the largest SaaS and e-commerce organizations.
Open-Source + SaaS billing = OpenSaaS billing
Kill Bill offers a lot out of the box:
- You can test various subscription billing models to see which is most profitable for your business.
- It is easy to run trials and accommodate even the briefest promotional discounts.
- Your business doesn't need to rely on the uptime or processing speed of a third-party SaaS provider.
- Kill Bill is not an all-in-one solution. Instead, it is highly modularized, enabling you to disable functionality you don't need or replace functionality with one of your existing systems.
- On premise or in the cloud, Kill Bill will scale as your subscription business grows. You can also start with Kill Bill in one business area and slowly migrate it to other areas.
- Kill Bill provides an unmatched framework for extensibility.
With Kill Bill, you get a SaaS-like subscription management and billing solution out of the box, but with the flexibility and peace of mind of running an open-source stack.
Get your own subscription billing platform
- You can get much more information on killbill.io.
- All of our technical documentation is available on docs.killbill.io (sources in the killbill/killbill-docs repository).
- Eager to get started? Deploy your own instance of Kill Bill on AWS using our one-click deployer.
- Head over to cloud.killbill.io for free hosted sandboxes, developer tools, and more.
Open-Source and governance
Kill Bill is free to use and completely open-source under the Apache Licence 2.0 license.
However, we do require financial backing to sustain the effort to maintain and enhance the project. Companies, individual users, and contributors can join their peers in supporting the work through GitHub Sponsors.
Get stats on Kill Bill contributors
Looking for statistics? This project does not use a monolithic repository, but is instead split across many components. To gather accurate counts on contributors, stars, and forks, take a look across our entire GitHub organization.
About Kill Bill
Martin Westhead, Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, and Stéphane Brossier founded the project independently in 2010. The Billing Project, LLC owns the Kill Bill codebase and trademarks. Professional services, sponsorships, and commercial support packages are available upon request.