Kill Bill PayPal demo
This sample app shows you how to integrate PayPal Express with Kill Bill subscriptions APIs.
Ruby 2.1+ or JRuby 1.7.20+ is recommended. If you don’t have a Ruby installation yet, use RVM:
gpg --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 \curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --ruby
After following the post-installation instructions, you should have access to the ruby and gem executables.
Install the dependencies by running in this folder:
gem install bundler bundle install
This also assumes:
- Kill Bill is already setup
- The default tenant (bob/lazar) has been created
- The PayPal Express plugin is installed and configured
To run the app:
or if you are using Docker:
KB_URL='http://192.168.99.100:8080' ruby app.rb
Then go to http://localhost:4567/ where you should see the PayPal checkout link.
Make sure to configure Kill Bill with a large timeout, e.g.
org.killbill.payment.plugin.timeout=15s, as the API calls to PayPal take time.
- Create a BAID in PayPal
- Create a new Kill Bill account
- Add a default payment method on this account associated with this BAID
- Create a new subscription for the sports car monthly plan (with a $10 30-days trial)
- Charge the BAID for $10